COOPER CITY, FLORIDA
The City of Cooper City is a municipal corporation created by Special Act of the Florida Legislature on June 20, 1959. Located approximately fifteen miles southwest of Fort Lauderdale, this 8.5 square mile bedroom community has the fourth highest median household income in Broward County. With an estimated population of 35,853, the average age of all residents is 39.8 years. With three elementary schools, one middle school and one high school, as well as several private and religious-affiliated schools, and an abundance of parks, recreational facilities and programs for all ages, Cooper City has long been known as an excellent place to "raise families."
Nestled in the heart of Broward County, Cooper City is a hidden gem that offers a wealth of activities for residents and visitors alike. From outdoor adventures to shopping and dining, there's something for everyone in this charming South Florida city. Here are the top 9 things to do in Cooper City:
1. Cooper City Antique Mall: This sprawling antique mall is a treasure trove of vintage and collectible items. Browse through the booths and discover unique finds from a variety of eras.
2. Brian Piccolo Park: This expansive park features a variety of outdoor activities, including bike trails, a golf course, and a velodrome for cycling enthusiasts.
3. Cooper City Farmers Market: Held every Saturday from 9am to 1pm, the Cooper City Farmers Market is a great spot to support local farmers and artisans while enjoying fresh produce and handmade goods.
4. David Posnack Jewish Community Center: This community center offers a variety of activities and programs for people of all ages, including fitness classes, art workshops, and cultural events.
5. Cooper City Sports Complex: This state-of-the-art sports complex features a variety of fields and courts for soccer, baseball, softball, basketball, and more.
6. The Shops at Monterra: This outdoor shopping center features a variety of shops and restaurants, including national chains and local favorites.
7. Cooper Colony Golf & Country Club: This private golf club offers a challenging course and a variety of amenities, including tennis courts and a pool.
8. Cooper City Historical Society Museum: Located in the historic Cooper City Schoolhouse, this museum showcases the city's history and culture through exhibits and artifacts.
9. Cooper City Optimist Club: This community organization offers a variety of youth sports programs, including baseball, softball, soccer, football, and cheerleading.